<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Got back from my first "real" dive a few days ago and it certainly was a learning experience! Among the things I learned:
1. Being properly weighted makes a world of difference
2. I need something stronger than Dramamine to deal with choppy boat rides to the dive site
3. San Carlos is not a hotbed of cultural life

It was a real treat after Lake Pleasant to dive where there was visibility, sea life, and relatively warm water (though I'll probably need to get a skin - the shorty wasn't quite enought at that latitude). My favorites were the vivid purple angelfish at San Pedro Island. On the boat ride out we had three dolphins riding the bow. I missed out on most of the sea lion action at S.P., which is known as a rookery, but one did come by the group I was with to find out why we were blowing bubbles.

........
I'm slowly moving stuff out of the computer room to prep for reflooring week after next. This morning I emptied the bookcase - a whole lot of books from college, obsolete manuals, software that I used once or twice. Same thing with shifting all the floppies I've accumulated over the years. Sounds like time for a purge.

1 comments

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Hey Nan: Glad to hear your dive went well. Even if you had to miss my birthday party to do it. Ok, so this isn't really an anonymous post. Anyway, it sounds like you had fun. (And I know all about the dramamine thing.)
Jennifer (aka Daisy)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?