<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

So here I am, jammed into the spare room along with two romms' worth of furniture and boxes, sharing a chair with a lamp and just barely able to see the monitor, with the phone line stretching prevariously across the room (and my two cats taking turns attacking each other through the rattan screen). Why? Because the new flooring for the computer room got damaged in transit, and they won't be able to install it until next Wednesday at the eariest. I hope to the Holy ones it comes in before Westercon!

Ray Bradbury, whose fiction I adore, is according to news reports very offended about Michael Moore "stealing" the title of his book Farenheit 451. For crying out loud. First of all, titles can't be copyrighted, so it's moot from a legal standpoint. But more importantly, the title of Moore's film is abviously a play on Bradbury's book, which has been mentioned in every review or news blurb I've seen for the film. I'm willing to bet that it's generated renewed interest, and consequently sales. OTOH, maybe Bradbury is offended by the film itself, and doesn't want his name mentioned in the same breath. Could be.

2 comments

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

One of my conservative coworkers tried to play the Bradbury Card with me when I mentioned "Fahrenheit 9/11"'s #1 status. He was unaware that titles cannot be copyrighted. He left the conversation shortly after I informed him.

BTW, have you seen the movie?

DebbieB

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

Naw, I figure I'll rent the DVD.
..Now you know why George Lacas trademarks everything, including Princess Leia's Star Puffs(TM) hairdo.

By Blogger Nancy, at 8:09 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?