<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 12, 2004

Yesterday I got the cooking bug, and made a big dinner: wild mushroom couscous, Morroccan potato stew with tumeric, and flor de mayo beans with herbs, yum! The couscous was from a mix; the other two come from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian cookbook, except the bean recipie originally called for black-eyed peas. Disappointed there was no dessert section in this book, I pulled out my Millenium cookbook and found a stack of sorbet recipies. Next weekend, maybe?

This evening there was a great wind on the drive home, clouds of dust and glowering yellow clouds. Then the sky spat on us just enough to drive the humidity up. I'm still trying to hang on with the swamp because of the power situation, but I think it's going to have to go over to the heat pump tonight.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?