<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I have to face an unfortunate fact: ragtime just isn't that fast. I played back my first sketches for A Mask and a Mirror, then pulled out one of my Budapest Ragtime Band CDs and listened to the Maple Leaf Rag, then filled out the sketches and played them back again. It's not something I'd really noticed before; you think of ragtime as being fast - lively anyway - and when you really pay attention the tempo is rather relaxed, maybe around 92. Well, what this comes down to is that this slows down M&M from the stage show considerably. Maybe a little too far for the vocal line to flow comfortably. We'll have to press ahead, see how it feels when I've gotten a bit more written. It's probably going to wind up a compomise.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?