<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 06, 2004

This morning I drove out to Peralta Trail for a hike. This was a kind of litmus test of my fitness; the last time I hiked Peralta I had recently come back from a hiking tour of New Zealand and practically flew up the trail. I actually did much better today than I'd anticipated, this being only my second hike of the season. After snacking on half a sandwich at Fremont Saddle, I decided to keep on going on the less-travelled leg of the trail north of the Saddle. There the trail goes down a gentle grade towards Weaver's Needle and into a canyon area with lots of quail. I went as far as the fire circle and came back, maybe about 45 min. each way. From the Saddle back to the parking lot seemed to take for bloody ever, possibly because I was getting tired and the temperature was inching up. (Only 94, though, according to my car's gague when I got back to the trailhead at noon - not bad at all.) The only hitch is that my hat somehow made it out of my pack since last weekend, and I now have a mild sunburn where my hair parts.

Well, tomorrow is the day for our local primary elections; I got an absolutely hilarious flyer in the mail yesterday, from three incumbents whingeing about negative campaigning by "the Liberals". Funny, the only attack ad that's wound up in my mailbox was from Karen Johnson - one of these people now claiming to be victims - and she was bashing one of her fellow Republicans! Oh well, what can you say about a candidate who appears to be courting both the Libertarian and (Christian) Fundamentalist vote?

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?