<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Suck it up, soldier!

I am really disgusted with the defeatist tone of some of the blogs I read today. So you worked hard, and your candidate lost. No US president has ever been unseated in wartime. Coming within a 3% margin of the popular vote, with a candidate whose primary appeal was not being the incumbant, is pretty damn good. Maybe next election the Democrats will give us a real candidate.

In the meantime, there are still people out there fighting oppression, fighting injustice, fighting povery, and they need your help, whether it's a librarian standing up to the USA-PATRIOT act, a volunteer at a food bank, or a women's clinic worker putting her life on the line by going to work each day. They may even surprise you by belonging to the "wrong" party or the "wrong" religion. What cause that was worth fighting for was won in a single year? There's plenty of work to be done, and you could fill a lifetime with it.

Or you could sit on your butt and complain. Your choice.

2 comments

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Oh, I quit with the defeatism this morning and went back to comedy.

It doesn't change my feelings towards the current administration one bit, but neither will I sit around and be depressed for four years. My opinion is on my blog, and I have noted the opinions of others - most notably to stop thinking in terms of elections.

In the meantime, I still have a job, a mortgage, freedom of speech, a love for my country and a healthy mistrust for my government, regardless of who's currently in charge.

By Blogger Patrick Connors, at 12:47 PM  

Pat, your blog by far was NOT the worst offender. There were some entries out there seriously proclaiming the fall of Western Civilization.

By Blogger Nancy, at 5:31 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?