<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 24, 2004

Last-minute shopping?
Go to this link to make a donation to the USO phone home fund so a serviceman or servicewoman abroad can call home for the holidays.
This link is the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent, which continues to provide aid to refugee families in Afghanistan and Iraq.
--------------

Interestingly, when I donated to the latter by credit card, my bank sent a verification message containing the string "?optedout?Iran". I know Iran is one of the countries US law forbids Americans from doing business in, but is the bank legally required to send this message? And is it sent to everyone I do business with, or was it customized for this specific charity? (I'd suspect the latter, since there's nothing in there about, for example, Cuba.)
---------------

The stomach problem is gone now, except for some excessively gurgley guts. Mom & Cliff are arriving in about half an hour; I've been tracking their flight via the Alaska Airlines site, tres cool.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?