<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Fleh.

Today was one of those days where your list of things to do gets stuck at #1 when a 1-hour task turns into an all-day task. In brief, I've been installing a solar-powered light in my garden shed, which involved 2 trips to Ace Hardware as the kit came with the wrong mounting screws, and some ingenious application of tools to get through the tough, weather-hardened wood of the shed. I had a pile of stuff to do in the backyard before the next storm blows through, but it ain't gonna happen.

--------------
The old New Year's Eve gang is getting, well, old. Half the party pooped out before midnight Friday, and I was the only person who used the jacuzzi. The food was delicious - Ann & Marty even brought a Stout's apple pie from Willcox - and thanks to Pete & Donna I now have a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in Spanish in addition to my Icelandic copy. Ironically, A&M were in Phoenix all week, except for Thursday night when they rushed home to feed the puppies, which I could've done had we been co-ordinated, since I happened to be in Willcox Thursday night coming back from the Chiricahuas.

-------------
I 've been watching the extended Return of the King DVD and, maybe it's just me, Aragorn's first reaction shot to the appearance of the Mouth of Sauron just cracks me up.


1 comments

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Sometimes you just gotta decide whether to keep playing music or get naked in a jacuzzi and for some reason (perhaps because it was fairly close to midnight) I opted to stay in and keep playing the guitar. Kind of a dumb thing to do 'cause since my heater's on the fritz I don't get to soak much these days. I think we need to organize a trip to Tonopah one of these days.

TT

By Blogger Tom, at 11:48 AM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?