<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 14, 2005

Gah!
This has been a disconcerting day. I had a plumber out to replace the faucet where my veg garden irrigation is attached, so now I don't have to put a bucket under it anymore. It took longer than expected, which turned out to be a good thing, because there was another miscommunication with the guys putting up my block fence. Somehow or other, when I said I wanted the 8-foot wall from the backyard extended, it didn't get across that I also wanted a right angle to the house so the side yard became part of the backyard. So we had more dealmaking over the price for that and they're going to start work on it tomorrow. I really should've caught this when they poured the fittings.

Then at work, one of my teammates called a pow-wow to discuss a discouraging trend; apparently our new section manager doesn't believe in promotions. This really sucks, because I've been working on promotion since about this time last year and that's my stated career goal for this year. The reason she doesn't believe in promotions is that higher-grade people cost more, which doesn't bode well for this spring's merit increases.

The really freaky thing happened around 5:30. I'd been seeing flyers from the Arizona Museum for Youth all around the office, and it occurred to me I hadn't talked to Larry Warner in a long time - so I called his work number to chat.... and got a recording saying that he was leaving the Museum as of the 14th! Holy cats! Have I been that out of the loop?
------------------------
Archeologists recently confirmed that the legend of Romulus and Remus is true! Well, actually what they confirmed is that Rome was founded at about the same date as said in the legend. Funny, though, whenever an archaeological site lines up with some Biblical description, scholars are quick to claim it proves the literal verity of the whole collection of books.

1 comments

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Hmph. We can't get him at home either - and he's supposed to do the cover to Harmony Heifers, which is due soon.

Also: Happy birthday!

By Blogger Patrick Connors, at 10:18 AM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?