<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 25, 2005

Archaeology Part I

This weekend I pulled all my old wine-making equipment out of the pantry and garage and passed it on to Ben, and old friend of mine who's back in the Valley after a sojurn in Tucson. I used to be quite the mead-maker back in the late 80's/early 90's; I even won a second place ribbon at the Arizona State Fair for my rose petal mead. Since I'm now off alcohol due to theat old acid reflux thingie, I figured it was time to pass things on, and he'd always had an interest in learning my recipie. I didn't realize how long it had been since I last made a batch until I pulled out three full secondary fermenters labelled "Imbolg '99". Hello!

I finally got around to stringing Tom's Yamaha that he loaned me to learn how to play a standard-width neck. My Epiphone Songwriter has a wide neck, which is partly why I bought it, but that means some awkward fumbling when I borrow someone else's guitar, and Jeff has asked me to consider playing on his Taylor for the Stardust County recording - he had a hard time recording the Ep on Blues For Dumuzi because of the smaller soundbox. So I've strung the Yamaha with the new Taylor Fingerstyle strings, and holy cats! The strings ride a good 1/4 inch above the fretboard! I'm going to wind up with either a serious injury or an incredibly muscular left hand practicing on that!

In other news, I revved up the word processor and I'm writing again, as in fiction, for the first time in eons. And it's fun! And I believe I will keep doing it as long as it keeps being fun.

1 comments

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

You know, I kinda wondered why I hadn't played the Yamaha in a while...sounds like some neckwork is in order...

TT

By Blogger Tom, at 6:26 AM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?