<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I'm a little uncomfortable posting about this, since I've always believed you don't earn karma points for things you boast about, and I'm saving up for that toaster oven in the afterlife. However, this is something I'd like to pass on.

A lot of people treat their income tax refunds as windfalls, "extra" money to splurge on a little luxury for themselves. So why not use some of that money to splurge on a donation to an organization you believe in? This year I'm giving my Arizona refund to Red Cross and Oxfam, two international aid organizations with experience and good track records; Oxfam in particular has been highly rated for spending little money on overhead. (Some poorly-run charities have been known to spend up to 90% of their funds on fund-raising - definitely something you want to take into consideration.)

If you're not getting a refund this year, this post isn't aimed at you, so please don't flame me.
-------------

I finally have a toilet that doesn't run! It's an Eljer Savoy, same model as the one in the master bath, and the plumber didn't charge me this time - out of pity, no doubt.

-------------
Off to pull some weeds....

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?