<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

Dia de los Choo Choos

Drove down to Tucson for the folk festival over the weekend. This year I spent more time in the backyard of the festival, behind the Tucson Art Museum where the workshops and ballad tree are, than out at the main stages. I took my Native American flute along for its first excursion, and wound up playing duets with Patty Arnold at her workshop, and later with a fellow running a jewelrey booth in the marketplace area, and even got some compliments from strangers despite the fact that I don't know what I'm doing. Funny the dumbek I've been carrying around for years never gets that kind of reaction - drummers don't seem to be very integrated in the folk scene in Arizona. Also, I found out Linda Lou Harris used to play bassoon in high school.

Points to remember:

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?