<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 30, 2005

Fest!

So it turns out I am playing the Flagstaff Folk Festival, Sunday morning (the 15th) at 10:00. Since I don't have to be there bright and early Saturday, likely I'll be driving up Saturday morning and saving myself the extra night at the hotel. Things get swinging at 9:30 both mornings, which makes Flag the earliest-starting folk festival of the batch I know of - Phoenix & Prescott both start at 10:00; Tucson has some programming at 11:00 but doesn't really get started until noon.

This being Memorial Day I feel like I ought to say something about the vets in my family, not that there's much to tell. Uncle Jack was a German PoW in WWII, but not being a politician he never talked about the experience. I probably would have remained totally unaware, except that it gave my Dad, his brother, a vehement dislike for Hogan's Heroes. Dad was drafted, but discharged after a few months for medical reasons, so his "war stories" mostly had to do with his company having the best cook in the Army. One of my cousins is now married to a woman he met while serving in Vietnam; their story would make a great book, but it's not my place to be putting their private lives online. They can get their own darn blog.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?