<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high /
And get smacked in the face with a branch


Did anyone see the Solstice moon that was supposed to be so spectacular? Here in Phoenix a ton of clouds had rolled in by evening, and turned black and boiling after sunset, so I was only able to see a little bit of moon peeping through about bedtime. No rain in my part of town, but the wind at least dislodged the roll of TP stuck in the top of my palm tree.

We'd had an informal team dinner up at the Tortilla Factory, pretty good food. While we were gathering in the bar beforehand, the customer-side contracts manager informed me of a four-day meeting in Minneapolis next week that had materialized out of nowhere and he wanted me at. I spoke with my PM after dinner and he told me not to worry about it. Talk about hideous timing.

---------------
Omega is doing much better at the emergency clinic; I went in for a visit this morning and he was remarkably cheerful, considering his right front leg up to the elbow was wrapped in turquoise gauze to keep the catheter in for his IV fluids. Peaseblossom meanwhile is having conniptions; all day in the house alone with no-one to hiss at.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?