<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hissypalooza continues at my house, but no-one has killed anyone else yet. I'm thinking I'll rename Smudge "Cousteau", because he likes to play in water. I discovered this last night when he tried to pull my swimsuit out of the basin where it was soaking. He especially likes little drips and trickles of water, but he'll splash around in a partly-filled sink too.
-------------

Stardust County being on indefinite hold, I'm beginning to think about projects beyond, or maybe in the meantime. I've got a bunch of songs, like "Fate", that have never been recorded, but audiences frequently ask if I have on CD. At the very least I should get out to some local studio and record scratch tracks so I have some kind of record. I've also been writing bits of poetry - mostly floating around the house unfinished on scraps of paper. But yesterday I mostly spent the day reading and playing the piano, which isn't accomplishing much but wasn't a bad way to spend a Saturday.
------------

My DSL connection has been slow as molasses for about 2-3 weeks now. It's because it runs over the phone lines. The phone reception in this house has always been borderline, and it gets worse when the monsoons start. Qwest has repeatedly told me that can't do anything about it; I even had a workman out here who tried to reduce the interference on the line but said basically that the switchbox for the neighborhood only had so many high-quality connectors in it, and I didn't have one of them. This would be understandable if I lived in some remote rural area, but this is the middle of one of the largest cities in America, so the media keep trumpeting! My phone shouldn't sound like the signal's being run along a cow fence! It's looking like the only fix for the DSL problem is to switch to cable, and that means switching ISPs, updating all my contact info... blech. Stay tuned.
------------

If you missed it yesterday, you can catch an encore performance of my Radio Freedom show at 3:00 MST on Radio Free Phoenix. (Remember, AZ doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time, so we're the same time as California.)

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?