<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 14, 2005

If reading someone else's maudlin ramblings about their cat is not your cup of tea, then you should skip today's post.

Actually, I'm doing OK now, considering, and Peaseblossom seems to be doing OK, though she's more affectionate than usual and gets rather wound up in the evening without another cat to bounce off of. What made the past six weeks so difficult was that Omega rallied several times, and his last rally seemed like it was the real deal.

On Sunday I went through my old photos and used KodakGallery to put together a book of reminiscenses. Of course the day after I sent the order in, I started remembering anecdotes that I'd left out. Like the time Omega got flypaper stuck to his butt, and I had to coat him in margarine to get the goo out of his fur. Or how he used to drape himself over the monitor of my first computer and try to catch the bouncing ball when I played Arkanoid. Or his running-through-wet-cement stunt when I was getting the floor redone in the spare room. Come to think of it, it's amazing he managed to live for almost 17 years.

It's a little too soon to be thinking about adopting another cat, but if I do decide to, it'll have to be well before my Australia trip in December. Preferably before the convention-and-festival season starts in the fall. But after I get the living room painted, so I'm trying to get that scheduled up tonight.

Thanks to to folks who sent cards or otherwise expressed their sympathies.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?