<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 17, 2005

What does a songwriter do when she's good and depressed? Writes a song, of course! It's called "All Good Things", and it's no "Tears in Heaven", but I should be able to polish it and sing it in public without too much embarrassment.
------------

Drove out to the Radio Free Phoenix studios this afternoon to record my patter for the Radio Freedom show. Guest DJs get to spin 15 tracks of their choosing, and I chose to do a show of mostly filk, with a few near-filk tracks thrown in for good measure. It was tough coming up with a set list that had a good variety, represented artists from around the country (and world) well, and worked as a coherant show. So I had to leave some of my favorites out. So sue me. (Or better yet, get your own guest spot - Andy is always looking for new people for Radio Freedom.) I think I got a good mix though. My show will air Saturday July 30 at 5:00 PM and Sunday July 31 at 3:00 PM.
------------

Yesterday Pete & Donna hosted another pool party, but we pretty much wound up huddled inside with the A/C, talking about places we'd really rather live than Phoenix. Maybe it's age; I remember living through worse summers than this, even walking around the ASU campus that year we hit 122, and the heat didn't bother me as much as it does now. Plus, after 22 years I've developed all the requisite allergies. I don't know, I'm just tired of watching xeric plants die in my yard. Southwest Yard and Garden on channel 8 always seems to profile places 10-20 degrees cooler than the Valley, and it seems like such a nice concept, planting something and just expecting it to grow.

2 comments

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Tom, at 8:56 AM  

Boy, you put more planning into your single show than I do into my weekly. Here's what I do: Every Monday night, I pull out all my Zappa-related CDs and check them against the 30+ shows I've done already. My policy, whenever possible, is not to play any version of any song twice until I've run out of everything. (This weekend for example, my fourth, and last currently owned version, of "Twenty Small Cigars," this one by Banned from Utopia," will be played.) Anyway, after checking that, I leave four minutes for myself to talk and go about finding 56 minutes of music from the 70 or so CDs available to me. Sometimes I do clever segues to songs that connect in some way but usually there's a game on, so I don't work TOO hard at stuff like that.

Looking forward to hearing your show, Nan!

TT

By Blogger Tom, at 8:57 AM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?