<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 27, 2005

This is my last photo of Omega, taken at the end of May right before his decline.
His "urn" arrived from Ashes in Stone yesterday. It's actually a cast-stone statue of a sleeping cat, with a chamber for the ashes. After I'd filled the urn there was some residue in the paper bag, which I sprinkled over the garden just outside the bedroom window. Fittingly, there's a rosemary bush right there.
I'd really never thought about what to do with his remains; when the time came I chose individual cremation because mass cremation didn't seem right, and burial in my caliche-ridden back yard would require explosives.
-------------

I got my Deep and Peak Performance dives done at Lake Pleasant today, so now I'm officially a PADI Advanced Diver, woo hoo. Not quite as nice as it would have been in San Carlos; visibility for the Deep dive was about one foot, the most interesting thing being how freaking cold it got starting about 40 feet. Visibility for Peak Performance, which involved swimming through PVC hoops, wasn't much better.
I tried ankle weights today and the difference was phenomenal - no more floaty feet! I don't know if it was related or not, but my air consumption was ridiculously low: 800 psi for the Deep dive and 700 psi for the slightly longer Peak Performance.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?