<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 05, 2005

Tom came over last night to learn some basic HTML and give me a much-appreciated massage, and as I was getting pummelled and we were gossipping, I realized that hey, if our show at Fidd's in late September is coming up, that means CascadiaCon is coming up even faster! Which means I've got to get off my duff and start practicing, especially getting something worked up on piano since their filk liason & I made noises some time back about my borrowing a keyboard. AND I owe the folks at Concertino a return email. AND my webpage has needed updating with many things since the Flagstaff Folk Festival back in June.

Not to mention that I've got to start on the bookwork for my Advanced Diver certification, two weeks from today. Egad.
--------------

Cousteau has gone off to live in a two-storey apartment with one of Keith's co-workers, so though I'm sad to see him go, I know he'll be happy in a home without a hissy growly thing following him around. It's too bad Peaseblossom had to be such a poo-head.
--------------

Walking out to pick up the mail this evening I noticed how badly some of my neighbors have been hit by the past few storms. One neighbor's saguaro blew over, and the apparently sustained some roof damage because there's a bright blue tarp over it. My neighbors to the north lost a bunch of shingles, and their olive tree is looking more and more like a lost cause. Those puppies are high maintenance, and they haven't done diddley with it since they moved in. Fortunately I haven't seen any damage; even the shade cloth Pete & I rigged up on the south side of the house it still holding.
---------------

BTW, Tom was complaining that he hasn't been getting any new filk CDs to review for Connotations, so if you've got something you want some cheap publicity for, send him a copy!

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?