<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I used to drop something in the kettle each December because I knew the Salvation Army did social work as well as being a religious organization. No more. If there's nothing to prevent a government-funded charity from discriminating based on religious belief, there's nothing to keep them from denying aid to a person in need based on religious belief. Or race, disability, marital status... anything you can think of.

They're not getting any more of my nasty Pagan money than they already have.

Ya know, while we're busily tackling the task of demolishing the wall between Church and State, howsabout we make our next task rescinding the tax exemption for religious organizations? It'll be a genuine boon to churches, driving out the charlatans who are only in it for the money, and make a sizable dent in the Federal deficit!

--------------

My blog has finally come of age -- yes, I'm getting comment spam now, so I've turned on the word verification feature for new comments.

4 comments

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

Bad pagan! Bad, bad pagan!

You should move over here to Kentucky, so you can be invited to revivals (held at the local public school auditoriums).

Deb

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

On live versions of Frank Zappa's song "Heavenly Bank Account," he stops the band near the end of the song to yell, "Tax The Churches!" He then starts the band up again and then stops them again to yell, "Tax the F*****G CHURCHES!" All to great applause.

I thought I'd mention it because A) I agree with that, B) I agree with you and C) you used the phrase "Only in it for the Money" in your post. How could i resist?

TT

By Blogger Tom, at 10:04 AM  

I've gotten spam on my blog and I don't even HAVE a blog. I had to register in order to leave comments in a couple of friends' blogs, you see, which gave me a blog guest book.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 AM  

Well, I don't want the churches to be taxed. I don't want ANYONE, ANYTHING, ANYWHERE to be taxed. Another wrong won't make a right.

Debora K. (evil Libertarian)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 AM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?