<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Peaseblossom finally got her teeth cleaning on Monday. They had to take out two teeth, including one of her upper fangs that had gotten chipped and the gum infected. She's actually in good spirits, considering. Monday night she was acting pretty loopy from the anesthetic. After she'd finished rolling and wriggling all over the carpet, she went around "marking" everything in the house - that's "marking" with the scent gland on the side of her mouth. She even marked Savannah, which brought joy to my heart because that means she accepts her now as part of her territory - even if they do have a battle royale on my bed almost every night, and hiss has become a regular part of Peaseblossom's vocabulary.
-----------

I can't believe it's less than three weeks till I leave for Fiji and Australia; I went for another swimming practice at the gym this evening. A month ago I quit Pure Fitness and joined Fitness Works, which is only a couple miles away and has a lap pool. I've been practicing with my fins and ankle weights, so I can get used to the extra weight on my feet. They also have a jacuzzi and two saunas. Tonight the dry sauna was so hot I had to flee after only a few minutes. Either they cranked up the heat today or, since I normally go later in the evening, they start it up during the day and it cools off at night.

1 comments

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Since when has "hiss" NOT been a part of Peaseblossom's vocabulary????

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?