<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 25, 2005

This post contains a minor spoiler for HP & the Goblet of Fire the movie, but if you're enough of a Pothead to care then you've already read the book so who cares.

I celebrated Thanksgiving this year by going out with friends for southern Indian vegetarian food and seeing the latest Harry Potter movie. It's visually stunning and has a great sense of wonder, which I think is sadly lacking in films these days. However -

Why the heck didn't Voldemort's lackey just wait until Harry was alone, conk him on the noggin and stuff him in a sack? I got the impression that Rowling wrote this great story, then said "Oops I left Voldemort out! Better horn him in with a hasty rationale!" Why go through all this elaborate rigamarole just to get the hero to the graveyard when a taxi would do? Honestly, it makes the villain look a bit like Vold E. Coyote.
----------

Every year that I try to celebrate National Buy Nothing Day, it doesn't work out. I don't deliberately target the Black Friday sales, but I have the day off, the stores are open, and if nothing else I always seem to need groceries on this day...

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?