<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

So here I am in Airlie Beach, where the weather looks about like this, and I've got three hours to kill before we board the dive boat. I'm melting away in a internet cafe with really beat-up terminals, but the rate is by far the best I've found in Australia ($2/hour), so I'm not complaining. BTW, if you've been trying to get ahold of me via the earthlink account, I can't get into that account at the moment.

This morning we viewed some little platypi at Broken River Perserve up in Eungella. Some other wildlife I've seen on this trip include flying foxes, wallabies, 'roos, goannas, lace monitors, bush turkeys, loads of lorikeets and cockatoos, and kookaburras are everywhere. That's just in the wild - not counting our trip to the Australia Zoo just outside Brisbane. Tonight the tour heads out for 2-1/2 days diving in the Great Barrier Reef. We've had some changes to the itinerary because, at least in the rural areas where we've been visiting, everything shuts down between Christmas and New Year's.

Since I won't be there for the party this year, Happy New Year to Daystar Holt.

Back home in a week.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?