<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 03, 2005

This week I've been on jury duty. The trial I'm on is being held in the old Phoenix Courthouse downtown, which was built in 1939. The architecture is magnificent - spiral staircase, carved wood panelling, and so forth. However, the seating for the jury is apparently original and even the addition of new cushions doesn't do much for the comfort level. Our forebearers must have had butts of steel. The schedule's been kind of odd, with days and half-days off depending on the judge's and witnesses' availability. I told the baliff that I'm leaving the country on Saturday, and he said if the trial lasts that long they'll just make me one of the alternate jurors. It's unlikley though, at the rate we've been zipping through testimony.

During our breaks I've been reading Zelazny's Lord of Light, which makes for an interesting counterpoint.

--------------
Trying to finish stuff up around the house this weekend, get everything in order for my trip. Hopefully I won't be in court this Friday and I can take the day off to pack.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?