<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 08, 2006



A couple more images; first the ship Tui Tai seen from Qamea Island in Fiji.

The second is a sea turtle munching coral on the Great Barrier Reef.

So what's been happening since I got back, other than trying to catch up on sleep? Well, I'd been thinking about this even before my trip, and finally decided to do it: I called Savannah's foster mom and asked if she still had any of her siblings. The idea is that if Savannah could play with a kitten her age it would take some of the pressure off Peaseblossom. Their relationship has mellowed, but playtime is still a point of contention. Well, she had one brother, and he's a chicken. He disappeared his first day in the house. Frantic, I finally found him behind the refrigerator. Since then I've been keeping him in the spare room, where he hides under the futon by day and rattles the door at night, whereupon Savannah runs to the door and makes "let's play" noises, and he hisses back. This afternoon I let him out, where he's mostly been moving from one hiding spot to the next.

His foster name is "Bobby", and I refuse to rename him until he comes out and displays some personality. So far I've only been impressed by his ability to disappear.


0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?