<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The new home for all my Stardust County news is now here on LiveJournal. This here blog you're looking at now will continue to be the home for my inane ramblings on other subjects.

--------------
Lullaby for a Weary Lion

TTO "Lullaby for a Weary World"

I wonder how the lion can sleep
with all those people singing:
eeeeeeeeeeeeOwimoweh

Thanks to a new South African court ruling, Solomon Linda's heirs are finally starting to see their share of the royalties for "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". The story, including a good summary of the history of the song, is here and here. Read the original Zulu lyrics and translation here.
----------------

Update: Blogger ate the latter part of my post, where I was badmouthing MSWord's web editing "feature". Massive XML scripts, renaming image files with user-hostile names like "image035.jpg", etc. Can anyone recommend a real HTML editor that doesn't think it knows better than you, but won't break the bank? I need to overhaul my website and it's going to be a PITA if I have to do it all in raw HTML.

1 comments

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Nan: Any significance to the new masthead name, Eanna?

(Glad you could make it out to the springs on Saturday, late be damned...)

TT

By Blogger Tom, at 8:59 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?