<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Talk about your ambiguous marketing - the cafeteria at work had a big sign saying that if you wore Mardi Gras beads today, you'd get a quarter off your purchase price. No, not 1/4 off. 25 cents off, as I discovered. Hardly worth putting the silly things on.
--------

Today was also blood drive day. I made my first donation after being deferred for a year after spending two nights in a "malaria-risk" area of Peru. The phlebotemist had to exert so much effort to get the needle into my arm (what, has the total lack of moisture in the air for the past 4 months toughened my skin?) that I was sure of a massive bruise afterwards, but there's nary a mark. The actual draining only took five minutes - drinking huge amounts of water beforehand must've helped.
--------

Today was also supposed to be the day that it rained for the first time since October. Around 7:00 tonight I went out into the backyard, and though I couldn't feel anything, it sounded like very tiny raindrops might be occasionally hitting the platic tarp I'd used to cover the mulched bed. It was hard to tell though, because at that moment a helicopter started buzzing the neighborhood and every airplane in America flew over my house on its way to Sky Harbor.

So, we wait another month.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?