<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 26, 2006

Bloggin' from Bloomington

Bit cooler up here than it was back in Mesa when I left this morning - downright chilly here in the hotel. When I opened my guitar case, my metronome was flashing merrily away, the on switch having caught on the tuner somewhereen route. Thank the holy ones it was in "silent" mode - I can imagine the panic if my guitar case suddenly started ticking - TSA would probably have blown it up!

Well, the vegetable garden's doing poorly, thanks for asking. Once again the spring growing season was too short and the summer heat hit nearly everything before it could set fruit. I do have one cute little eggplant and a couple peppers, and some tomatoes that cooked on the vine. One squash plant still survives and if I'm lucky will flower again in the fall. I seriously think that next year I'll let the veg garden go fallow, just plant a cover crop and that's it. The weather's been so fickle in recent years, it really takes someone keeping a close eye on things in late spring/summer, and I'm not going to be able to do that next year with production & promotion activities for Stardust County.

Peasie, I'm happy to report, is doing just fine; the cortizone shots cleared up her swollen face and she looks like a normal cat again. I'll just need to keep close watch on her; she may need additional shots periodically. Speaking of which, Savannah and Frodo went to the vet for their 5-in-1 boosters on Saturday. Frodo was a scaredy cat, but behaved. Savannah was a bundle of nerves despite having been there before, and kept jumping up on my shoulders. They both tolerated getting their shots well.

2 comments

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Take the batteries out of your metronome before you fly home, Nan. And thanks for making time to come see me play this past weekend!

TT

By Blogger Tom, at 12:23 AM  

All 3 kitties came out to be fed last night! And mostly hung around while we waited for the watering to be done.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?