<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 17, 2006

As you might have inferred from my last post, I did make it up to Sedona yesterday. It still got up to 98, but at least the morning was relatively cool. My first choice of hike, the A.B. Young Trail, panned out when I couldn't find a river crossing, so I picked up a guidebook and chose the Huckaby Trail, which is just off Schnebly Hill Road. (Haven't you always wondered what was up Schnebly Hill Road?) This is a nifty little trail that winds around for a bit, then takes you along a ridge overlooking Hwy 89, then drops you down to creek level in the canyon below the Midgely Bridge. BTW, have the signs for this bridge always read "Midgely Bridgely"?

------------
Recent news has me grateful that my religion doesn't have a Holy Land. If everyone involved weren't so caught up in desire for posession of a specific stinkin' piece of territory, we could set up the modern state of Israel in Florida, put Palestine in Baja or the Kamchatka Peninsula or something, and make the Dalai Lama mayor of Jerusalem.

-----------
I have one of those newfangled "gradual" alarm clocks that's supposed to gently awaken you by striking a chime at progressively shorter intervals. The problem is, it sounds not so much like a chime as it does one of those counter bells you use to summon the clerk at the dry cleaner etc. Snaps me wide awake. I need to find a muffling method...

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?