<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 20, 2006

File this under "Suck".

I was picking up my towel and BodyCombat card from the front desk guy at Fitness Works this evening when he said, "Did you know that we're closing at the end of the month?" Yes, this month, being July, the end of which is a week and a half away. Not because of declining enrollment; the landlord wanted to double the rent. So now instead of having my gym a convenient mile away from my house, I now have a 7-mile drive to the east Mesa facility, which barely gives me time to gulp my dinner on nights I have classes.

It's stupid, because the old gym isn't in a trendy yuppified area where the property values have gone up or where renters with deep pockets are eager to locate their high-end boutiques. It's in a strip mall, next to a chain Mexican restaurant and a perpertually-empty storefront, with a charming view of the self-storage yard across the street.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?