<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I had a very odd Tuesday.

It began with a Doctor Who dream, where the Doctor - who kept switching between David Tennant and the female Doctor in those Ryan Johnson fanvids done back in the 80's - developed super powers by eating cilantro, or possibly flat Italian parsley - the two look very similar. S/he then proceded to not use these super powers against the villain, which inaction s/he explained to me using a convoluted metaphor that I pretented to understand. At some point in the middle of this my alarm clock started dinging, and I shut it off without waking up, annoyed that it was interrupting the Doctor's explanation.

Fortunately, I didn't sleep too far after the alarm went off.

Peasie went in for her first visit to the dermatologist that morning. Yes, you read that correctly. My cat is seeing a dermatologist. We're hitting this allergy with everything. She's going on an even more restricted diet, I'm treating all three cats for a parasite that might be causing the reaction, and Pease is on antibiotics for a month to clear up a secondary infection that's making the itchiness worse. I discovered tonight that taking the e-collar off makes pilling marginally easier, but holy cats she does not like taking that pill.

In the evening - Jack Hanna with animals at the Mesa Arts Center! My favorites were probably the bobcat, the African pigmy goat, and the albino kangaroo. The sun bears were pretty awesome too. The one downside to the evening was that a big "community barbeque" had been advertised before the show, and it was woefully undermanned and understocked. People who arrived at the advertised start time spent half an hour in line and got no food because it ran out. The people who run the MAC have really got to mentally pull themselves out of the little concrete bunker on First Street where they were stuck for decades and start thinking big. Big building, big crowds. Yes, I do get cranky when my dinner consists of a raspberry-cheesecake bar and a bottle of water, why do you ask?

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?