<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why the Web rocks:

Yesterday, I picked up some Hallowe'en decorations at the store - a string of "lighted folding bats", to be exact, to go along with the strings of pumpkin lights I already have. I was thinking it's too bad they don't make more Samhain-ish decorations, like pomegranate lights. Then it hit me, and a short google later I had found a string of pomegranate-shaped lights on alljudaica.com. They're Sukkot decorations - now I know. Makes sense, since the pomegranate is a Middle Eastern fruit. Now can anyone tell me why strings of lights shaped like basketballs, golf bags, and colorful insects are also marketed for Sukkot?

I took my first BodyPump (strength training) class on Tuesday. The class is held on the second floor of the gym, and my knees went wibby-wibby-wibby all the way downstairs afterwards. Alicia, who teaches both classes, says that people progress faster in BodyPump than BodyCombat - she also said that I've progressed fast in BodyCombat, which was nice to hear. I'm planning a Rim-to-Rim hike next year, so I need to get some strength built up. I'm hoping that better muscle tone will also help to stave off the weird knots and twinges I get from sitting at a computer all day.

2 comments

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Nancy, I also got lighted folding bats. But no directions on how to assemble. Can you help me?
DJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

DJ,

If you've experimented with the bats, you've found that when you unfold them completed there are little pins and holes that match up on the two edges that come together. You press the edges together with your fingers - press hard.

BUT, you have to unfold them around the light, which is awkward at first. If you want the bats hanging upside down in as naturalistic a fashion as possible for a glowing purple bat, make sure you're placing the bat so the wire comes out of its butt. Vice versa if you want them rightside up. The plastic is really sturdy so don't be afraid to wrench things around a little to get them to fit.

By Blogger Nancy, at 9:02 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?