<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 28, 2006

As I sit in my office writing this, large banging sounds are coming from the kitchen, where the workmen are knocking holes in the wall. One window is becoming smaller and moving to the right, a door is disappearing, and a window is becoming a door. The new cabinets are supposed to arrive middle of next week, so maybe the following week the real work begins.

It's a good thing I did my gearing-up for Samhain early this year. I managed to locate a new source for bouncing glow-in-the-dark eyeballs in bulk - namely, Oriental Trading Company - so I'm all set for treats. Decorations are up, except for the ones I had to take down so holes could be knocked in walls. Other than a (secular) Hallowe'en party I'm going to tonight, I'm not really doing anything big this year.

Been kinda draggy all week, after getting home from SJO close on midnight Sunday. Monday night I did my regular BodyCombat class, having propped up my eyes with toothpicks all day. Surprisingly it went really well; I feel like I've made a breakthrough in the last couple classes, where I'm more in the groove and less struggling to keep up. On Tuesday we had the blood mobile at work. My screening interview alone took almost an hour, mostly because of that "have you travelled outside the US and Canada in the past three years" question. I don't see why they have to look up every single city I visited in Peru, once we establish that yes, one was in a Malaria-risk area and yes, it's been over a year so the difference it makes is nada. The draining itself went quickly, and I felt good enough afterward to go to my BodyPump class in the evening.

0 comments

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?