<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I've got blistas on my fingas!

You know that neat little feature Qwest has, where if a number is busy you can select for the phone co. to keep trying and it rings your phone once the call gets through? Cox doesn't have that feature. So I spent two and a half hours this morning hitting redial on my phone in order to make my reservation for Phantom Ranch next October. I was only able to book one night at the dorms - I wanted to spend an extra day on the bottom before heading up - but I'm feeling very fortunate to get through at all!

Yeah, I'm doing a Rim-to-Rim at the Canyon next year!

1 comments

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Woo-hoo!

When I worked there back in '89, I hiked down there three times: the first two the stupid way, as day-hikes. In summer. Working up there makes it relatively easy to go to Phantom on your "weekend": grab a cancellation (same day), which is how I overnighted there in September.

So maybe go a day early; if you can get a cancellation (at the mule desk in the Bright Angel Lodge lobby, South Rim.) you can extend your hike. If you're doing a north-to-south Rim-to-Rim, you might be able to get a cancellation from the North Rim; this wasn't an option in '89 as they were different companies, but I think it's all the same company now.

I'd ask you to bring me a Phantom Ranch t-shirt to replace my long since worn-out one, but I really ought to just go and get my own. One should earn a Phantom Ranch tchotchke.

By Blogger Patrick Connors, at 9:00 PM  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?